The Washington family has been serving the Leeton community for the last 100 years. Oscar Godfrey Washington settled his family in Leeton in 1913 and commenced a range of business activities including establishing the Cabaret Milk Bar and Cabaret Hall, as well as a Refreshment Room and Barber Shop. Oscar's son Oscar Jack worked in the Barber Shop until 1950 when he turned his attention to business as a Real Estate Agent. In 1959 Oscar Jack opened a household furnishing business with his son Jack and in 1960 this business expanded and moved to the current address. Jack's son Bruce now manages the operation of the furniture business, which has now expanded to include both floorcoverings and blinds.